Thursday, November 28, 2013

NOTW Thursdays - Candy Canes.... Kinda


Hello everybody, long-time no-see! If you haven't noticed yet, I put A LOT of effort into my nails this week! I was trying so hard to focus and apply as carefully as possible so be proud lol.

Also, Happy American Thanksgiving! Canadians have it in October but I think I'm gonna start celebrating the American one too just so I can have double the turkey dinner, it is my favourite holiday after all. Although, it kinda is hard to compete with Christmas.

Speaking of Christmas, that's the theme I went for this week! I was gonna just do them all red, but then I thought 'Hey, there's snow on the ground and Christmas everywhere, might as well!' I painted over my entire nails using Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Cherry Red. Believe it or not but this is my first 'true' red nail polish! I was in-store one day and saw it and realized that I don't have one of those! I love the Xtreme Wear collection, not only are they super reasonably priced but they have a great colour range and lastability.

I also wanted to do something candy cane-ish and I knew I was going to use OPI's Kyoto Pearl but I wasn't sure what exactly I was going to do. I thought about straightening a paper clip and dragging it through the wet white to make the stripes, but a) too much effort and b) too risky, especially since the red was dry but still fragile. Then I thought I was going to paint the white stripes with the brush but I wasn't sure how they'd turn out and if I screwed up it'd be a whole mess. I took the easy route and just went over the entire nail in white. But, I did try to put on the thinnest layer possible and then I went over the nail a few times so the bristles would cause these little lines in the polish. It's barely visible but you can see it if you try hard.

So that's it! Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving and stuff yourselves full for me! ;D

Ada xx

No comments:

Post a Comment