Thursday, August 1, 2013

HAUL + REVIEW | Revlon Colorburst Lip Butters



Peach Parfait
Berry Smoothie
Lollipop
Sugar Plum
Cherry Tart
 A few months ago when the Revlon Colorburst Lip Butters came out, I was definitely intrigued. What most caught my attention was that they're like tinted lipbalms, but so much better. I do admit, the beautiful colours and packaging were definitely the selling factors for me. The very first one I bought was the colour Berry Smoothie. It was the perfect berry pop of colour that can match virtually any skintone and makeup. The second one I got was Peach Parfait. The only real problem I have with this balm is that it has some chunky glitter in it that really doesn't feel nice on the lips, but I really like how it looks.

Recently my local Shopper's Drug Mart was having a summer sale and I noticed that the Lip Butters were on sale for $3.99 each (usually around $8). Obviously I went a little wacko and wanted to buy the entire collection, but after a few breathing exercises, I picked out two that I've been wanting for a while: Lollipop and Sugar Plum. Lollipop is a gorgeous fuchsia colour that can really pop on any skin tone. I really love how it looks with basic black eyeliner and heavy mascara. I think it'd be the perfect colour for a very light/platinum blonde. Sugar Plum is probably my favourite out of all 5. It's true to being a lighter plum colour that I think is perfect for the fall time (but I will probably disregard that and wear it all year round). I also think it looks the best with my hair and skin tone.

That night, I went back and got Cherry Tart because I couldn't get it out of my mind and I knew I'd regret not buying it. It's a lighter true red that wears really nicely because it does have a sheen to it. As Lollipop, I also think it wears nicely with a black liner and heavy lashes.

My sixth sense must have kicked in because the very next day I needed to pick up a few things at Shopper's and found the Lip Butters back to their normal price. I'm glad I didn't wait to buy them.

As a product, these are my favourite lip products to use. They're super easy to apply and wear, and very comfortable. Because they're like a lip balm, you don't need to apply a base of balm to prep the lip. I think the colour range, although it covers the basic colours and a little bit more, I think Revlon could work on expanding it (if they're wanting to evolve the collection). I think if you're one of those girls that wants to just throw something easy on the lips and not fuss with it, but also get a stellar look and colour, these are the right ones for you. As a value, I think $8 is a little steep for them, but they're often on a sale, so you can't go wrong. The packaging is gorgeous and I do not have any problems with the lid falling off, it stays on nice and tight. I'm definitely planning on expanding my collection.

Performance: 9/10
Value: 7/10
Quality: 9/10

Definitely recommend!

Ada xx

9 comments:

  1. Thank-you for reviewing these, you saw my post on my blog and answered all my questions! Definitely want to pick a few of these up, especially as my holiday is just around the corner! Great photos.

    Eloise | http://simplynaturale.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! Definitely recommend you do, they'd be a wonderful lippie for the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This review has definitely convinced me more to buy them! Thanks for sharing the link :)

    Ring-a-Round a Rosey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad! Hope you enjoy them as much as I do c:

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They all look beautiful on you, Ada. I've heard some great things about these lip butters - I think it's about time I purchased a few of them!

    Nicola Kate Makeup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, darling! Yesss, they're awesome. c:

      Delete
  6. Lollipop looks great on you !!! You have a lovely blog and a new follower :)

    NovembreBeaute by Natassa
    xxx

    ReplyDelete