Hi everyone! I'm so sorry about my prolonged absence! I recently sprained both my ankles, so it's been a bit difficult to get around, especially to put on make up and take pictures. But they are finally, if not extremely slowly, healing and I'm getting back on track. Work has been a little killer for me because it requires me to stand on my feet for hours at a time and use many stairs to get to the rooftop patio when the weather's nice, but the management has taken mercy on me and is giving me a bit of a break when it comes to the job. Although swollen, I'm on the right track to recovery.
And now on to the look! Opal is my absolute favourite eyeshadow at the moment and I've been wanting to play around with different looks just so I can wear it forever. This is the current look I've come up with. Initially, when I look at it, I see the pinks and blues of cotton candy, but the crease is a bit too red and the eyes aren't blue enough, so upon further inspection, I think of those beautiful seashells that change colour in the light. This is a great day look because you get a pop of colour without it looking too crazy or overdone.
I went in with Opal all over the lid and around the tear duct area and then I used a reddish-toned eyeshadow in my crease to blend everything together and give my eyes some dimension. I then went in and highlighted the inner corner over-top the Opal with a white eyeshadow to keep the colour, but add more light. I then blended in a very light and shimmery brown to my outer V. I tried to keep the mascara light and natural, but definitely impactful. I wanted my face to be bright and glowy, so I went in with a shimmery bronzer AND blush and made sure to really buff them into my skin so I wasn't super sparkly. I kept my eyebrows the same as I usually do them and lightly filled them in.
- Quo BB Cream in Light/Medium
- MAC Studio Fix Fluid in NW20 (as a concealer)
- Sleek Luminous Pressed Powder in 01
- Urban Decay Primer Potion in Original
- Mineral Wear bronzer in Warming Glow
- Sleek blush in Pomegranate
- Mai Couture highlighter paper in St. Bart's
- Madison Street Beauty eyeshadow in Opal
- Sephora eyeshadow in Nutty Brownie N°16
- Madison Street Beauty eyeshadow in Manzita (outer V)
- Quo Naughty palette (white)
- NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk (waterline)
- Shu Uemura eyelash curler
- Urban Decay Big Fatty waterproof mascara (top lashes)
- Benefit They're Real! mascara (lower lashes)
- NYX The Runway Collection in Champagne & Caviar palette (dark brown & black)
- Quo brow gel
- MAC Cream In Your Coffee